Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Managed to beat the infamous Kampala rush hour traffic but still never made it home.dang!

It takes me under 10 minutes to get from my workplace to my house on a regular Sunday....regular meaning when it is raining like mad on a Sunday, so everyone stays in. So, I have been experimenting with different times to leave the office in order to beat this damn Kampala traffic. 4:30pm doesnt quite work for 2 basic reasons. First of all, I am not supposed to leave work till 5...but some rules i guess are meant to be broken.(My boss has heard about this blog....HE LEAVES AT 3 PM.....thats on a very busy day otherwise its much sooner than that.He hates traffic jams more than I do...."GRANOLA BAR")
Secondly, at 4:30 pm, everyone is being a smart ass and wants to leave work early to beat the rush hour traffic jam, so they all end up starting one massive jam a whole 30 minutes before it is due to start.
5 pm is a no brainer. it takes me 2 hours to get home. SERIOUSLY.....2 hours for a 10 minute ride.
Then yesterday....I took it up a notch...left office at 6:15 pm...(yea, I'm a good employee...I blog..sorry..work hard). There was hardly any traffic jam so i figured...hey, why am I rushing home,I will just go pay my sister a visit.
This is where the drama begins. Found her sippin on some Gin and Tonic. it was along day for me too, so why not. Then dinner(didnt know you could make peas taste that good)......which was just great and before  I knew it, I was making a store run for another bottle of gin....and another store run for beer later. At some point I decided to call it a night and go home........then I took a long blurred look at the clock......it was 3:30 am. I guess I was trying to call it a morning. Ended up crushing on the couch and waking up an hour late for work. Thank GOD I had a change of clothes. Well, I did clean up as well.
Beauty about all this is that I did bring good business in to the agency....so lets wait how all this pans out.
But right now....all I am thinking about is how nice and cool my bed is going to be later today....IF I MAKE IT HOME!!!
..............QUIZ NITE tommorrow. We are the defending champions, so not much excitement there, seeing as we are asking the questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment